- 1 x sheet of ready-roll puff pastry
- 1 x 200g tub of Nortons Dairy original soft cheese
- 1-2 bunches local asparagus (enough to cover the puff pastry sheet)
- Lemon zest
- Salt, pepper and fresh herbs of your choosing
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C
- Roll out your pastry sheet and lay it onto a greased or lined baking tray.
- Cover the pastry with the cream cheese, using as much or as little as you like and leaving a small border. Do not worry about it being even, it will soften and melt together as it cooks.
- Grate some lemon zest over the cream cheese.
- Arrange your asparagus over the surface.
- Sprinkle with a few flakes of salt and grinds of pepper as well as any other fresh herbs.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the exposed pastry is nice and golden and the asparagus starts to brown.