Ingredients (Makes 10 large scones)
- 150g Nortons Soft Cheese with Apricot
- 400g plain flour
- 125g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120ml Nortons milk
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Crumble in the Nortons Soft Cheese with Apricot and the butter, then blend together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, vanilla and milk, then gently mix the dry and wet ingredients until the dough comes together – don’t overwork it.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and fold it gently a couple of times.
- Roll out to about 2cm thick and cut into your preferred shapes.
- Arrange on a lightly greased baking tray and bake at 200oC for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown on top.Serve with apricot jam and whipped Nortons Dairy cream.
View our Soft Cheese range